Wine Food Pairing - Big Steak deserves a Big Wine!

Hot off the grill .... wine food pairing ..... a big steak deserves a big wine!

When friends stop by unexpectedly what better way to make the evening a success than to burn a few steaks on the grill? It is one of the easiest and quickest ways to serve a few guests. I always rub a little extra virgin olive oil on the meat and pat a bit of my favorite dry rub on. To make the steaks terrifically tender I bring out my "secret" weapon! The meat stabber. I found this device at a restaurant supply warehouse and it has been "ace" in the hole for many years. It will make the toughest meat melt in your mouth tender without adding chemicals....SUPER!

I opened a bottle of Frontera Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot from Chile ......... ruby-like, bright in color with red plum and varietal characteristics. It is Medium dry, medium body and complimented the thick BBQ steaks wonderfully. Even the non wine drinkers loved it!

Make Wine Food Pairing simple, sometimes the basics are the best. CHEERS!

No comments: