Wine Food Pairing - Schoenbrunn Palace Vienna!


Wine Food Pairing across the street from the Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna, Austria. This impressive castle is the show place from the great Austrian-Hungarian Empire. Friends and I lunched at the Cafe Della Lucia a wonderful Italian restaurant.

We were seated in the solarium enjoying an autumn afternoon, a bit cloudy, but all the live plants making it seem a cheerful place to have a glass of wine and a bite to eat.

The server realized that I was American and brought me an English menu....GREAT! I ordered pasta Arrabbiata....the sauce was a spiced mix of bacon, onion, chili's, mushrooms and tomato...all served over a fresh angel hair pasta. WOW!!!!! I paired this with a glass of Blaufrankisch, a local medium bodied red wine. The spice of the wine enhanced that "bite" of the sauce.....YUM!!!

Wine Food Pairing, make it an adventure! CHEERS!

No comments: