Wine Food Pairing - Home from Guanaja!

Wine Food Pairing, we are back home in Florida. We had a wonderful time in Guanaja Honderas, that beautiful Bay Island paradise, but now it is time to get back to business as usual, whatever that is!

Fortunately, the local farmer's market was open so I could run over and pick up some of the freshest of veggies straight from the farms and whip up a quick pasta primavera. I like to saute onions, garlic, a bit of turkey bacon for flavor and some diced green pepper in EVOO as my base and then I toss in whatever the market has to offer. Today it was mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini ... I season this with a little Worcestershire sauce, white wine, S & P, basil out of my garden and Tabasco for a little kick!

I boiled up some whole wheat angel hair pasta in salted water and put about a half of a cup of that water into the veggie pan, also. Everything goes into a large pasta dish and I garnish with freshly shaved Parmesan and cashew bits .....YUMMY!

Lest I get ahead of myself, I popped the cork on a chilled bottle of Canyon Creek Chardonnay while I was rinsing my vegetables. This 2005 Californian wine was the perfect pick me up to get me through the dinner prep phase as well an excellent compliment to the pasta.

Wine food pairing, back home in Florida .... and a found farewell to Guanaja. CHEERS!

No comments: