Wine Food Pairing - Ribs and Red Wine, YUM!

Wine Food Pairing doesn't have to be fancy ... how about a BBQ feast of ribs and red wine?

Spring has sprung in Florida and what better way to celebrate it than to fire up the barbie? I made some terrific baby back ribs using my good friend "Brewsky" Bob's secret recipe ... of course I can share it with you guys if you promise not to tell!

The prep for this meal begins early .... about 6 hours before you plan on firing up the grill.

First off I make a dry rub, or in my case, a dry shake. Into a plastic ziploc I put red pepper, salt, freshly ground black pepper, cinnamon and a couple of dashes of caribbean jerk seasoning. I cut up my baby backs into manageable pieces of 3-4 ribs a piece and then shake them up, baby!

Sear these in a hot pan and place them into a glass oven dish. Pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees and then let's play with the ribs a little bit. Pour half of a can of beer into the dish, what you do with the rest is up to you, but I certainly wouldn't waste it! Then go out into the garden and get some fresh basil......I like to use the leaves whole and just place them on the ribs..... next slice up some onion and garlic and layer these onto the ribs also. Now, cover and seal with foil and place in the oven. In 4-6 hours, magic will have happened! The ribs, tender and succulent are ready for some BBQ sauce of your choice and a little grill time!

I paired this with nice Merlot from Italy and all was well with the world!

Wine Food Pairing with ribs and red wine ... YUMMY! CHEERS!

No comments: