Wine Food Pairing - Rosemary Gone WILD!

Wine food pairing is enjoying the Labor Day weekend, but sometimes you just don't want a heavy meal and you still want a bit of "grill" time with your friends ... the perfect answer is Shrimp on the barbie! Well, I decided to pair my "shrimpies" with rosemary and come up with a Labor Day treat!

By now, you are probably wondering about the title of this post and the picture of my famous rosemary bush being attacked by a giant land crab ... LOL!

My rosemary bush is unstoppable. I cut massive amounts off to use ... I give it to neighbors and when they say they have enough, I "gift" it to them on their birthdays and anniversaries. This bush, withstood the landfall of hurricane Wilma 3 years ago. I lost all my vegetation during Wilma, not to mention some roof tiles ... NOOOOOO ... the rosemary bush just flipped her the "herby" finger!

OK, enough of that! I cut long skewer size branches and soak them in water for 4 hours. I clip all but the last 2-3 inches off of leaves and then skewer my large shrimp on them. Drizzle on some good EVOO and S & P .Grill them on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes each side. You don't want to over cook these bad boys and get them chewy. The rosemary not only makes a great presentation, but smells terrific, also. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

I team this up with a refreshing homemade coleslaw and my neighborhood famous potato salad and what could be better? Perhaps, pairing this Labor Day fair with a Yellow Tail Chardonnay?

Yes, I think that is a terrific idea! The Reserve Chardonnay has peach, melon and tropical fruit flavors and a creamy fullness that pairs perfectly with our meal. Why wait until a holiday for this treat?

Wine food pairing should be enjoyed everyday ... even Labor Day. CHEERS!

2 comments:

megha said...

This is such a delicious thing.



drinking water filter

Dee said...

What I wouldn't give for a rosemary plant *sigh*