Wine Food Pairing - Practice Makes Perfect!

Wine food pairing is gearing up to travel across the pond to Europe in 10 days. We will be flying in to Munich and then after a long lunch with a friend in one of our favorite biergartens we will land in Vienna about 6PM.

Now ,I don't know if you have any idea how much wine is consumed over there, but let me tell you ... it is a LOT! So it was only natural to want to get in a little bit of practice with some local vino.

I broke out my last bottle of Rotwein from Germany that I brought back last time ... a Baden 2005 Spatburgunder from Oberon. I decided to pair this with steaks on the grill that turned out perfectly. Of course, I always have a veggie packet .... this time with broccoli, tomatoes and onions, as well as a potato packet with sliced potatoes (skins on ) and onions.

Everything turned out terrific. We do a lot of grilling in Florida and that is one thing that I miss while in Austria, although it is so much fun to visit the local gasthaus' and heurigans that I really don't have a lot of extra time to think about it.

Austrians spend a lot of time enjoying the company of their friends and even though my German is "spotty" at best, it gets better the more wine I drink and the longer I am in country. After all .... I know how to order wine and find the bathroom ... LOL .... the 2 most important things!

Here we are entertaining some friends in our kitchen in Austria ... wine food pairing ... practice does make perfect. CHEERS!

4 comments:

megha said...

I am big fan of wine and my wife say you are addicted to it .



drinking water filter

Denise Clarke said...

Wine is wonderful in moderation and as the saying goes "in vino veritas" ... in wine there is truth ... LOL!

Denise

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Have a wonderful holiday and taste a lot of wine:D

Denise Clarke said...

Thanks ... yes we are looking forward to it! Keep checking back, I'll be posting form Europe.

Denise